Essential knowledge for professional advisors advising families and the next generation of philanthropists.
At this event, we will discuss the variety of roles philanthropy plays in the generational changeover; be it a means of engaging the next generation in the family business; an area where a new owner can demonstrate the change in leadership by altering the philanthropic activities of the business; or perhaps an entire generational shift in beliefs and values resulting in businesses either being structured in such a way that they are more philanthropic, or indeed sometimes sold off altogether with funds being re-purposed into other philanthropic endeavours.
An expert panel will discuss the different methods of involving the next generation in philanthropy and the first steps. They will give an overview of both the opportunities and challenges, helping advisors to navigate and address the issues most important to families involved in this transition.
WHY ATTEND? In the third event of the 2017 Philanthropy Programme series, an expert panel will bring delegates to understand what the changing trends in intergenerational wealth transfer are, the variety of roles philanthropy can play in the generational changeover, and how best to use these to create a smooth succession and offer value to the next generation of wealth holders.
Topics of discussion include:
- Methods and opportunities for involving the next generation in the family's wealth creation and philanthropy
- The role of Philanthropy as a source to bringing a family together
- Advising families on legal issues regarding foundations and planning for transfers to the next generation
- The professional advisor's role in managing the transition of wealth across generations
- Changing trends in intergenerational wealth transfer and its impact
- Trends amongst next generation wealth holders and what they look for from their advisor
Register online at www.step.org/the-philanthropy-programme