Executive Assistant for Director at Anti-Trafficking Foundation, Head of CSR at Hotel Group and Local Councillor.
An adaptable, detail-oriented individual is being sought for an executive assistant who will support Meenal Sachdev in her role as Director of Shiva Foundation, Head of CSR at Shiva Hotels and Local Councillor in Hertsmere Borough Council.
The role includes supporting the Shiva Foundation and Shiva Hotels operations teams with competence and care; and carrying out various administrative and management responsibilities with respect to the Local Council (www.hertsmere.gov.uk) role, with attention to detail and ownership.
You may also be required to assist Meenal with any other projects and duties outside of these specific roles, including those of a personal nature.
As an Executive Assistant (EA), you will be a key member of Shiva Foundation’s operations team. You will report directly to Meenal, work intimately with the Strategy Lead at Shiva Foundation, and frequently engage with other staff members. You will provide critical support to Shiva Foundation’s leadership in the fulfilment of its mission.
You will provide support to the Shiva Hotels team in formulating and implementing its sustainability agenda across the group and any new hotels. You will support Meenal with her duties as local councillor including co-ordinating her activities and maintaining effective communication with advisors, local council, the Shiva Foundation team and the wider community. You will assist in managing the day-to-day work, as well as contributing to the planning of her wider strategic goals.
You will also assist Meenal on any other personal projects or research work. Each aspect of the role will require substantive engagement with political, social impact anddevelopment issues.
There will also be an element of Events Management that will require significant coordination.
Your responsibilities across each of these areas will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintaining Meenal’s calendar and serving as the interface of correspondence to those seeking time with her, both internally and externally; and providing Meenal with thorough and timely meeting preparation.
- Facilitating smooth and efficient communication between Meenal, Shiva Foundation staff, the local council and any other individuals / organisations in her network.
- Drafting email correspondence, short proposals, reports and commentary on Meenal’s behalf.
- Preparing travel logistics, time-sheets, and expense reports for Meenal and other senior team members as necessary.
- Providing research assistance to Meenal for live programmatic or organisational questions as they arise.
- Supporting Meenal’s business development responsibilities including pursuing leads, following up on meetings etc.
- Providing other project management support and leadership to Meenal and the Shiva Foundation operations team as needed, including basic technology troubleshooting.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating Shiva Foundation, local council and other relevant events.
- Supporting in a variety of operations team processes and logistics.
- Providing administrative support to Shiva Foundation’s senior staff.
- Coordinating engagement for Shiva Foundation’s senior staff, including phone conferences, video-conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Managing Meenal’s email account and phone line, where necessary.
- Managing junior interns where appropriate and directed by relevant team members.
- Organised and meticulous approach to your work: You genuinely enjoy completing detail-oriented tasks. You are dedicated to letting no ball drop, deftly juggle multiple tasks, and feel happiest at work when you have all your tasks in order.
- Sound judgment: You are well-regarded for your judgment and are known for making reasoned, well-thought out decisions even in the face of limited or conflicting information.
- Your ability to respond appropriately to sensitive information has earned you a reputation as a deeply empathetic and trustworthy colleague/peer.
- Flexibility: You know that providing quality support always begins with careful planning and execution. Yet in the face of unexpected challenges you are known for maintaining a positive attitude, quickly and adeptly reorienting yourself to find a new solution.
- Exceptional communication skills: Your written and verbal communications evidence clarity in both thought and analysis.
- Ease with technology: You’re a technophile, and when given the opportunity to work with a new program or application, you quickly become fluent.
- Mission orientation and drive: It’s in your nature to work tirelessly on a problem until you’ve seen the solution through to your complete satisfaction. You’re driven to make an impact.
- Growth mind set: You’re always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfil our mission. In service of that growth, you welcome and delight in feedback from supervisors, peers, reports, and anyone else.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Start date: March 2017
Please note that this role has the flexibility to be part-time. Please make it clear on your application if you have a preference.
Please send your CV, a cover letter (2 pages max) and a writing sample (5 pages max.) to Natasha Jain: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 24 February 2017.
Please note applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.