Starting date: ASAP
Duration: Permanent; 3 to 4 days a week
was set up by the Sachdev family to support vulnerable communities in India and the UK, and drive systemic change through collaboration, engagement and financial support. The Foundation focuses on women and girls, because through partnering and investing in them; entire communities can be transformed. In the UK The Foundation’s focus is tackling gender violence within the BAME community. GMSP is working across the sector in prevention, provision of services and protection. Whilst supporting the immediate needs of women facing violence GMSP is investing in long term mindset change to eliminate the human rights violation of violence against women.
Duties and responsibilities:
• GMSP is seeking a highly motivated individual to help oversee their efforts to support vulnerable communities in India and the UK
• The role consists of managing relationships with partners and overseeing projects, monitoring outcomes and communicating impact.
• Contribution to strategic planning and supporting the directors in guiding the Foundation
• Qualified candidates should have knowledge of gender issues and be passionate about creating change. The small team environment involves significant responsibility as well as the opportunity to collaborate and interact with a diverse set of external stakeholders.
The role includes:
• Working closely with Foundation directors to help develop strategy
• Leading and building on all key programme areas within the foundation
• Staying abreast of issues in issues related to women and girls in our focus regions
• Ensuring regular and clear reporting to directors and external stakeholders
• Leading communication strategy
• Writing or contributing to GMSP’s communications such as briefings, updates, press releases and correspondence in a clear concise and timely manner
• Representing the Foundation externally
• Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and internal
• Permission to live and work in the UK
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably in strategy consulting or law
• Undergraduate or graduate degree
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently and without supervision
• Excellent organisational skills; ability to multi task
• Excellent IT skills with knowledge of social media
• Demonstrated commitment to GMSP Foundation’s mission, vision and values;
• Strategic thinker able to see the big picture, whilst also maintaining attention to detail
• A highly motivated individual that is professional and personable with a high degree of integrity
Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply:
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for GMSP and why you would be the perfect candidate for the role.