This report was commissioned by ActionAid and NPC, and brings together essays from a wide range of sector leaders on the topic of innovation. The aim of the report is to consider how the sector could be strengthened through a bolder, more innovative approach to its work.
nsights on innovation: lessons for the not-for-profit sector focuses on the need for innovation within the charity sector, and how best this can be achieved.
The collection publishes contributions from an unprecedented range of organisations, each sharing their insight into how the sector could be strengthened through a bolder, more innovative approach to its work. The 26 contributors include:
- UK charities, such as ActionAid, Oxfam and Women’s Aid
- new social enterprises like Rocketmakers and ClearlySo
- private companies such as Capita and GlaxoSmithKline
- public bodies such as the BBC, DFID and Cabinet Office, and charity regulator the Charity Commission
- philanthropists such as the Jamie Oliver Foundation
- think tanks and umbrella bodies such as NPC and NCVO
The essays include ideas ranging from specific ground-breaking projects, to honesty about risk and failure, to developing completely new models for financing charities.
Visit New Philanthropy Capital to learn more.